The Path to Affordable Healthcare
A Community Health Forum | December 4, 2018
At this half day interactive event, learn about the drivers of healthcare affordability and work with key healthcare stakeholders and like-minded local change agents to help develop a community action plan to address healthcare affordability in our community. This event is part of KHC’s partnership with the Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement (NRHI) to bring healthcare affordability to the forefront of healthcare transformation efforts through a campaign called Affordable Care Together.
The KHC will host its December 2018 quarterly forum on healthcare affordability, in partnership with the Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement (NRHI) and Kentucky Voices for Health (KVH), a consumer advocacy organization with a priority around healthcare affordability in Kentucky.
Achieving affordability will require focused efforts on three major drivers: health, price, and waste. The Affordable Care Together movement from local Regional Health Improvement Collaboratives (RHICs) across the county seeks to create greater awareness and take action on one or more of these drivers. The KHC, a RHIC, is looking for key healthcare stakeholders and like-minded local change agents to help develop a community action plan to address healthcare affordability in our community.
During this session, the following topics will be discussed:
- NRHI and Families USA’s joint healthcare affordability initiative
- NRHI’s Total Cost of Care (TCOC) national price comparison benchmarks
- NEW Kentucky Core Healthcare Measures set
- Kentuckians’ opinions on the state of healthcare affordability in KY
- Affordability from purchaser, payer, provider, and consumer perspectives
- The targeted solutions that can make healthcare more affordable
Registration is currently full.